Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The Cold Returns.

I hate cold weather. Hate it. Grew up in the sticks and skied every single day of my teen life (or so it seemed). We'd load up my lil' rusty 4 door '81 Subaru wagon w/ our gear and skis every morning, then head to the slopes as soon as school ended. Good time. No boards back then, man. We laughed at the snowboarders...although that's all I will do now IF I get an urge to hit the slopes. A lot of good memories and a ton of fun.

I think I burned out on skiing. Is that possible? The cold gets to my older body. As I said, I loathe it. I'm a hard core golfer now, geez, I need warm weather! Anytime I end up at Seven Springs now, it's only for the bars and beer. Is that wrong? Maybe my "skiing priorites" have just changed...

BUT, the Bratz girl wants to go and my dad insists she start skiing now, so I guess I need to layer up once this year. Beer and the 'goggle are out of the question for that day, so it looks like I'll be skiing this year after all. Now that I've made that decision, there's NO snow. Man, can't win.

DW-

No comments: